Last updated: March 15, 2023
Your privacy is important to DOB NGU Corporation (“us”, “we”, or “our”). This Privacy Notice explains how we handle the Personal Information collected through our website, the Semy mobile application and Semy widgets integrated into third party websites, or services (together, the “Semy Platform” or the “Service”). This Privacy Notice applies to the Services and other sites or services that links to this Notice.
As used in this Notice, “Personal information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal information does not include publicly available information, de-identified or aggregated information, or information covered by certain federal and state laws.
Collecting Your Information
We may collect information about you in a number of ways. Our collection of information is dependent upon your use of the Services, but may include:
Information You Provide
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Information that can be used to contact or identify you.
From Your Use of Our Services
We collect information about your visits and use of our Services, including information through cookies and other logging technologies.
From Other Sources
We may supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, including social media providers when you link your social media accounts with ours.
What Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of information about you:
Identifiers, such as your email address, name, phone number, or postal address. We use this information to provide you with our Services, maintain your account, operate
our business, and to otherwise communicate with you. We may provide this information to service providers, our participating businesses, and to other third parties as required by law.
Payment Information. We or our service providers may collect your payment card information in order to process payments for the Services.
Commercial Information, such as records of the products and services obtained or considered, or other information related to purchasing or consumer histories. We use this information to better understand your use of our Services and for internal business purposes. We may provide this information to service providers, our participating businesses, and to other third parties as required by law.
Social Media Information. If you grant us permission, we may receive your contacts, name, email, gender, birth date, city and profile picture URL as well as any other public information you make available. We may also request access to other areas of your social media account, which you can grant or deny us. We collect this information for the purpose of providing the Services, identifying and communicating with you, enabling you to connect with contacts that already use our Services, and improving our Services. We may provide this information to service providers and to other third parties as required by law.
Geolocation Data. We may use and store information about your location depending on the permissions you have set on your device. We use this information to provide
features of our Services, as well as to improve and customize our Services. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Services at any time, through your mobile device settings. We may provide this information to service providers and to other third parties as required by law.
Internet and Other Electronic Activity Information, such as your browsing history, search history, information about your interactions with our Services, with our digital advertisements. We may provide this information to service providers, contractors or to other third parties as required by law. We may collect the following internet and other electronic activity data.
Your Use of Our Services: we collect information about visits to our website and mobile apps, such as the number of visitors and the number of users that click on certain links or use certain services.
Log Data: When you access the Services by or through a device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of device you use, your device unique ID, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser you use and other statistics.
Our website uses Google Analytics to help us analyze how users use the website and target users with appropriate advertisements. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google. Read about Google’s privacy practices.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The Help feature on most browsers provide information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Services. To learn more about cookies and similar technologies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you want to opt-out of receiving targeted advertisements based on your interest, you can visit the NAI’s Consumer Opt Out page, which will allow you to opt-out of seeing advertisements set by participating NAI members.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- We use the information that we collect to provide you with the Services on the Semy Platform, as well as to improve our site and to learn about how it is used and accessed. We may also use information we collect to analyze user behavior as a measure of interest in and use of the Platform and may disclose aggregated analyses to our business partners, such as overall patterns or demographic reports that do not describe or identify any individual user.
- We may share pertinent Personal Information with select affiliates and partners for the purposes of processing data for marketing, research, customer support, account management, and similar functions.
- We may disclose information about you to third parties if we are required to do so by law or legal process, to respond to legal claims, or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- We may disclose information about you to a successor organization in the event of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other sale or disposition of all or a portion of our assets.
- We may disclose your information for any purpose for which we obtained your consent.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your Personal Information in the following ways:
- At Your Choice: You may authorize other companies or persons to receive your Personal Information.
- To Our Service Providers and Contractors: We may disclose your Personal Information to service providers and contractors that provide services and support to us. We contractually require service providers and contractors acting on our behalf to take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information and to not use your Personal Information for any purpose other than that for which it was given to the service provider or contractor.
- To Third Party Providers. We may disclose your information to the businesses that offer products through our Services for the purpose of fulfilling your orders and for them to better understand who is interested in their products.
- To Third Parties to Fulfill Legal Obligations: From time to time, we may disclose your Personal Information with other parties as required pursuant to a valid legal warrant, subpoena, court order, or other legal or regulatory mandate, or as necessary for us to defend to assert legal claims.
- To Third-Party Analytics Companies. We use selected third parties to collect data about how you interact with our Services. This information may be used to, among other things, improve the functionality of our website and services.
- To Potential Business Partners. We may disclose or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- To Other Parties: From time to time, we may disclose your Personal Information to parties such as law enforcement or other government agencies when we, in good faith, believe you or others are acting unlawfully, when we believe it is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate our business properly, to protect or defend our rights or the rights or well-being of our users, and when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the health and safety of our employees, other consumers, and the general public.
We do not sell the Personal Information we collect.
Web Browser “Do Not Track” Signals
“Do Not Track” signals are used by some web browsers to attempt to limit tracking related to your visits to a website. Not all browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option and “Do Not Track” signals are not yet uniform. To the extent that your browser broadcasts a “Do Not Track” signal, our website does not recognize “Do Not Track” signals.
Updating Your Information
If you wish to amend or update your information you may do so via the settings function in your account page.
Your Privacy Options
Email Communications: You can opt-out of receiving certain email communications from us at any time by following the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email or by contacting us in the manner described in the “Contact Us” section of this Notice. Opt-ing out of email communications does not mean that we will not contact you about your account.
Voice Calls, Texts and SMS Messages: You may have the opportunity to receive occasional voice, text and SMS messages from us to receive updates on our products and services, or about products and services that we think may be of interest to you. Message frequency will vary. By providing your phone number and opting in to receive text messages, you expressly consent to receive these communications, including automated text messages to the phone number that you provide. Consent to receiving text messages is not required in order to receive products or services from us. Message and data rates may apply, and your carrier’s rates will apply. You can opt out of receiving future text messages or receive help by following the directions in the text message you receive. As we are located in the United States, international rates may apply depending on your location. We may disclose your mobile phone number to service providers with whom we contract in order to send you automated text messages, but we will not disclose your mobile phone number to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your express consent. Opting out of calls, texts and SMS messages does not mean we will not contact you about your account.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we have implemented and maintain security procedures and practices designed to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the Personal Information we have collected from you.
Our Services are intended for residents of the United States. However, if you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect through our Services will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Services or by voluntarily providing your information to us, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of your information in the United States.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site. These websites may collect data or Personal Information about you and your online activities. We do not control and are not responsible for what these other parties do in connection with their websites or online services, or how they handle your Personal Information. You should review the Privacy Notice of every site you visit.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16 If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 16 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to delete that information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared Personal Information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
We are not currently subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Notice to Residents of Nevada
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to opt out of the sale of certain Personal Information, including your name and mailing address, to third parties. However, please be aware that we do not sell your Personal Information.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update or change our Privacy Notice at any time and you should check this Privacy Notice periodically.
If we make any material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you to the extent required to do so by applicable law.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, you may contact us via email at email@example.com.